ZHE GENG (S'12-M'19) received dual B.S. degrees (Magna Cum Laude) in electrical engineering from Florida International University (FIU), Miami, FL, USA, and Hebei University of Technology, Tianjin, China, in 2012. She received the Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering from FIU in 2018. From 2018 to 2019, she was a research scientist with Wright State University, Dayton, OH, USA. In Dec. 2019, Dr. Geng jointed the College of Electronic and Information Engineering, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics (NUAA), where she is currently an Associate Professor. Dr. Geng was the recipient of FIU's most prestigious awards for entering doctoral students, the FIU Presidential Fellowship. Her research interests include MIMO radar and joint radar-communications systems. She is the 2nd author of Radar Networks (Boca Raton, FL: CRC press, 2020, ISBN: 9781420076905)
Radar signal processing with machine learning; radar image processing; artificial neural network
College of Electronic and Information Engineering, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics (Dec. 2019 - present)
"Moving target detection with distributed MIMO radar in nonhomogeneous clutter" --- funded by Natural Science Foundation from Jiangsu Province (2020-2023)
"Intelligent radar imaging of moving targets based on deep meta-learning" --- funded by Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (2020-2022)
Department of Electrical Engineering, Wright State University (Aug. 2018 – July 2019)
“Distributed Radar Networks for Moving Target Detection and Parameter Estimation in Non-homogeneous Environments” --- funded by U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory (2018-2019)
Supervisor/PI: Dr. Brian Rigling
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, FIU (Aug. 2014 – April 2018)
“Collaborative Research: Investigation of Spectrum Sharing between Radar and Wireless Communications Systems” --- funded by National Science Foundation (2014-2018)
“Innovative MIMO Radar Theory and Concepts” --- funded by U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory (2012-2017)
Supervisor/PI: Dr. Hai Deng
1. Z. Geng, "Evolution of netted radar systems," in IEEE Access, vol. 8, pp. 124961-124977, 2020.
2. Z. Geng, R. Xu, and H. Deng, “LTE-based multistatic passive radar system for UAV detection”, IET Radar, Sonar & Navigation, vol. 14, no. 7, pp. 1088-1097, 2020.
3. Z. Geng, H. Deng and B. Himed, "Ground moving target detection using beam-Doppler image feature recognition," in IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 2329-2341, Oct. 2018.
4. Z. Geng, R. Xu, H. Deng, and B. Himed, “Fusion of radar sensing and wireless communications by embedding communication signals into the radar transmit waveform”, IET Radar Sonar & Navigation, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 632-640, June 2018.
5. R. Xu, L. Wang, Z. Geng, H. Deng, L. Peng and L. Zhang, “A unitary precoder for optimizing spectrum and PAPR characteristic of OFDMA signal”, IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, vol. 64, no. 2, pp. 293-306, June 2018.
6. Z. Geng, S.M. Amin Motahari, H. Deng and B. Himed, “Ground moving target detection for airborne radar using clutter Doppler compensation and digital beamforming”, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 101-110, Jan. 2018.
7. H. Deng, Z. Geng and B. Himed, “MIMO radar waveform design for transmit beamforming and orthogonality”, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 1421-1433, June 2016.
8. Z. Geng, H. Deng and B. Himed, “Adaptive radar beamforming for interference mitigation in radar-wireless spectrum sharing”, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 484-488, April 2015.
9. L. Guo, H. Deng, B. Himed, T. Ma and Z. Geng, "Waveform optimization for transmit beamforming with MIMO radar antenna arrays," in IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 543-552, Feb. 2015.
10. H. Deng, Z. Geng and B. Himed, “Radiation beam pattern synthesis for coherent MIMO radar antenna arrays”, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 56, no. 11, pp. 2740–2745, Nov. 2014.
CONFERENCE PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
1. H. Deng, Z. Geng and B. Himed, "Radar Target Detection Using Target Features and Artificial Intelligence," 2018 International Conference on Radar (RADAR), Brisbane, QLD, Australia, 2018, pp. 1-4.
2. Z. Geng, H. Deng and B. Himed, "Embedding communication signals into the radar transmit waveform”, 2017 International Conference on Radar Systems, Belfast, UK, 2017, pp. 1-6.
3. Z. Geng, H. Deng and B. Himed, "Interference mitigation for airborne MIMO radar”, 2017 International Conference on Radar Systems, Belfast, UK, 2017, pp. 1-6.
4. Z. Geng, H. Deng and B. Himed, "Radar clutter suppression with Beam-Doppler Image Feature Recognition (BDIFR) method", 2017 IEEE Radar Conference, Seattle, WA, 2017, pp. 1109-1114.
5. Z. Geng, H. Deng and B. Himed, "Waveform design for coherent MIMO radar radiation management and transmit-receive beam refocusing", 2016 IEEE Radar Conference, Philadelphia, PA, 2016, pp. 1-5.
6. Z. Geng and H. Deng, "Beam-Doppler Image Feature Recognition (BDIFR) method for radar clutter management and target detection", 2016 IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium (APSURSI), Fajardo, Puerto Rico, 2016, pp. 2053-2054.
7. Z. Geng and H. Deng, "Adaptive interference and clutter rejection processing for bistatic MIMO radar", 2016 IEEE APSURSI, Fajardo, Puerto Rico, 2016, pp. 2055-2056.
8. Z. Geng and H. Deng, "Antenna beamforming for interference cancellation in radar-wireless spectrum sharing", 2015 IEEE APSURSI, Vancouver, Canada, 2015, pp.133-134.
9. Z. Geng, H. Deng and B. Himed, “Adaptive radar beamforming for interference mitigation in radar-wireless spectrum sharing”, 2015 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, Brisbane, Australia, 2015, poster session.
10. Z. Geng and H. Deng, “Transmit/receive beamforming for bistatic multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) radar”, 2014 IEEE APSURSI, Memphis, TN, 2014, pp. 147-148.
11. Z. Geng and H. Deng, “Wireless signal propagation path loss estimation”, 2014 IEEE APSURSI, Memphis, TN, 2014, pp. 953-954.
12. Z. Geng and H. Deng, “Performance evaluation of image feature-based space-time processing (IFSTP) for moving target detection”, 2013 IEEE APSURSI, Orlando, FL, 2013, pp. 1024-1025.
1. H. Deng and Z. Geng, Radar Networks, CRC Press (June 2020; ISBN: 978-1-4200-7690-5).
PROFESSIONAL CONTRIBUTION & AFFILIATIONS
1. H. Deng and Z. Geng, Radar Networks, CRC Press (June 2020; ISBN: 978-1-4200-7690-5).Reviewer for (1) IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, (2) IEEE Signal Processing Letters, (3) IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagations, (4) IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, (5) IEEE Transactions on Communications, (6) IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, (7) IET Signal Processing, (8) IET Radar, Sonar and Navigation, (9) IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, (10) Journal of Franklin Institute, (11) IEEE Access, (12) International Journal of Electronics and Communications, (13) 2019 IEEE Radar Conference
2. IEEE Member, 2013-present.